2. For new users, please click on “Sign Up Now?“.
Just enter your preferred userid, full name and preferred password and click “Next”.
- You must use only the official email address, with the suffixes of @ppukm.ukm.edu.my, @medic.ukm.my or @ukm.my (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Take note that the telephone number box do not support the “+6” (i.e. +60391455555), kindly do not include them.
- “Academic start date” refers to the date you first joined academic service, irrespective of which university. So if you were in UiTM before joining UKM, then use the date when you joined UiTM.
- “Date of first appointment with this university” refers to the date you first joined your current university.
- Once done, click on “Submit”. If there is any error, you’re required to correct them before resubmitting.
4. Upon submission, we will have to wait for CRIM UKM to approve the request. Sadly you will not receive any notification upon approval of your account. You will have to keep trying to log in on a daily basis to check whether you have been approved or not.
6. There are 9 tabs that you can click to update your personal information. The 9 tabs are;
- Personal Info
- IP (Intellectual Property)
- Community Service
You are expected to update all information, at least up to till 3 years ago. All these information has to be verified by CRIM UKM. How CRIM UKM will verify this, was not clarified. Until it is verified, an “Unverified” tag will be displayed in red at the top of the screen, as shown below.
8. Take note that the submission of FRGS application begins on 15th July 2013 and closes on 19th September 2013. Due to the enormous amount of work required to submit everything online, applicants and their co-investigators must work from NOW to update their online research proposal. Take note that you can only invite co-investigators that have created their own account at MyGrants, to join your project. So kindly persuade your co-investigators to create their own account ASAP. Meanwhile you can work on your proposal by clicking on the “Application” link from the left side of the screen. Shown here is an example for a single disciplinary application.
A trans-disciplinary application means that there are multiple project leaders from various discipline that will be heading their own sub-project, under your project.
After selecting the type of application, click on the “Proceed” button.
10. Then fill up the rest of the required information. These include;
- Application Details
- Project Leader
- Research Information
- Equipment and Material
- Form Submission
11. Only when all the required information has been submitted and all the invited co-investigators have responded to your invitation, only then you can submit your application. Once again, let me remind you, the deadline for submission of FRGS research proposals is between 15th July 2013 and closes on 19th September 2013. The need to update your CV, on top of your research proposal is tremendous. So START NOW!